BREAKING PHOTOS: 2 Arrested for Nude Dancing in Jane Warner Plaza

George Davis being taken away (credit: Mitch Hightower)

George Davis?? being taken into police custody (credit: Mitch Hightower)

Nudist Gypsy Taub organized a Nude Dance event at Jane Warner Plaza for this afternoon (despite the nudity ban being in full-effect) hoping to make it a regular thing if the police left them alone. Unfortunately, for her and the tribe of nudists, the police did come. 12 of them, in fact, making two arrests and one citation. No word on who was arrested yet (I was at work), but one of the arrests appears to be George Davis who has said he will be running against Scott Wiener for the District 8 Supervisor role come next election cycle.

While the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that nude dancing and other artistic expression is entitled to some constitutional protection, it is not clear how the city attorney will proceed in this matter.

I guess we’ll have to file this one under Crime?

Check out more photos from the Nude Dance here.

Police Van at Jane Warner Plaza (credit: Mitch Hightower)

Police Van at Jane Warner Plaza (credit: Mitch Hightower)

Gypsy Taub ready for the Nude Dance (credit: Guy Burdick)

Gypsy Taub ready for the Nude Dance (credit: Guy Burdick)

1. Nude dancing is a protected first amendment right, according to Judge Chen.

2. 5 police officers to arrest 1 nude man, the picture says it all. Such a frivolous use of City resources and then all time it will get tied up in the courts.

• Joe says:

Ron,
      Remember cops go to work each day not knowing if they will return home to their families. We just lost 2 in Santa Cruz. In dealing with unstable, mentally challenged scofflaw exhibitionist, extra safety is required.

3. Ramón says:

Twelve…….TWELVE police officers to arrest two people. I guess it’s all about the D-word to get them to appear in force – Donuts & Dicks.

Note to Gypsy and crew: there has to be a better more efficient way to address this, because the tall lanky despot is always going to get his way if you keep going at it this way. By doing this you’re only bolstering his lame argument.

I wish they were as conscientious about enforcing the cellphone law.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 6 Thumb down 4

4. Mark says:

Thankfully the johnny come lately nudists and the few remaining attention whores were sent away to be ugly and annoying somewhere else. They will get the attention they so desperately want for their cause in front of others I’m sure…

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 8

5. Frank Caputo says:

The nudies who showed their butts and boobs on the fist day of the ban are being arraigned in court on Friday. Will the cute furry guy who helped the blind woman be taking his clothes off again, before the judge? He’s adorable.

6. Mike Burkett says:

Twelve police show up to arrest some nudists in The Castro? In 2001 I was living in The National and came home to find my door removed from it’s hinges, my room ransacked, my computer, TV, VCR/DVD, and more removed. I called the police and after repeated calls and six hours ONE officer showed up. He accused me of being drunk, stoned, and a nuisance. Excuse me if I have NO respect for the police, Wiener, who resembles his name, or majority of the San Francisco government. Tom Ammiano and Duffy are the only two around I have any respect left for. Ammiano especially because he attempted to reach compromises with Catholics when The City said it would withdraw funding from those refusing services to gay. After repeated attempts that led to him being booed at the Pride Parade, he finally gave up.

I stay reasonably informed, not very active politically, and vote. What are these people who get elected thinking majority of the time? Why? Who are their benefactors? The people who elected them? Why are the police your “friends”? I have found myself more than once on the defensive when dealing with these “friends”.

Yep, I am cynical, yes I support ActUP, Occupy, and other “liberal” causes. I can go on with this rant…

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 4

7. Matthew says:

Since these nudists obviously need something to do; may I direct them to this site?

Full of wonderful opportunities to help people in need.

8. Chris says:

9. John says:

• Roy says:

Hey John, it is common amongst sites that have comment sections that feature comment rating to hide poorly rated comments. For example, YouTube. Rest assured we are not ‘blocking’ your comments nor your ability to comment. Folks can still see poorly rated comments by clicking on the ‘Click here to see’ link. Have a great day.

• Ramón says:

John, there are plenty of free applications that you can use to create your very own website/blog. There, you can report, and share your opinions and ideas about any and all topics that interest you.
      Even “People of Walmart” hides poorly rated comments, and as Roy has mentioned to you in more than one article, it isn’t censorship – people can still access your comment. Yes, there are some San Francisco newspapers and blogs that censor, but this isn’t one of them.

10. J says:

I don’t mind the nudists. The problem is the few
    Exhibisionists who come out fully shave half hard wearing cockrings. Public nudity should not be sexual, please tell me how I am in the wrong from want my 5 year old son protected from a 60 year old fully shaved in cock ring on market and 18th. It’s disgusting and wrong.

Sincerely,
    Your normal born and raised Castro native