New gay arcade bar, Project 22, holding community outreach meeting

Sign posted in the ground floor retail space at The Century (2200 Market Street).

The new gay arcade bar concept, Project 22, coming to the ground floor retail space in The Century condo build (2200 Market Street), is having a community outreach event Sunday, May 18th, from 3-5PM to allow community members to voice any concerns they may have with the new bar.

A sign advertising the event was posted in the window of the still under construction space. From the details provided in the sign, it’s not clear where the event will be held. Perhaps at the bar owners’ other bar, Blackbird (2124 Market Street), just down the street?

No contact information is listed so we weren’t able to get an actual location for the event. If anyone has any details, feel free to share them in the comments below!

“From the folks that brought you BLACKBIRD we would like to introduce a new concept to our community.

Working Name: Project 22, a Beer and Wine Arcade Bar.

We are excited about the opportunity to bring something different to our growing neighborhood.

We would like to invite the neighborhood to meet with us to voice any concerns you may have.

DAY: SUNDAY
DATE: MAY 18
TIME: 3:00-5:00″

1. Liv says:

• rblack says:

Why would that be discussed? Are P22′s owners responsible for world wide alcohol related deaths?

• Joe says:

Let’s discuss the alcohol issue, right after we fix the education, healthcare and poverty issues. I swear Liv, it’s #4 on the list.

Until then, drink up! And CHEERS to Shawn and Tiffany from the Blackbird. Thank you for investing in this nutty neighborhood.

2. Sanchez Resident says:

Roy – I saw this notice at 2200B Market a few days ago. I just assumed that the gathering would be at the Century building location, but you make a valid point about where this event will be held. The ground floor spaces (Banditos and P22) are under construction and it may be unsafe to have the public inside the building.

Also, when I saw this notice I wondered if Shawn and Tiffany had reached out to DTNA for their input. You might consider contacting DTNA to see if they have already decided their response about P22 when the CU permit process begins.

3. Chachito415 says:

What concerns do people actually have?

• rblack says:

I don’t have any concerns. It’s a new venue for local business owners who are willing to reinvest in the community that has been supporting them.

I do hope the games are free to play.

• rblack says:

I’d also like to know if it’s going to be gay-gay. Not kinda gay like Blackbird.

• Sanchez Resident says:

I don’t think any bar can be gay gay today. I go to Hi Tops and I don’t think it’s gay gay, but I still have fun. I haven’t been to Blackbird, what makes it kinda gay?

4. Rose says:

I like the concept – it would be fun & a nice mix in the neighborhood, but I’d never buy a SF priced condo above a bar.. I’m surprised the realtors haven’t raised that concern.